This page is still under construction and shows mainly historical information. Please contact us on info(at)ecopa.eu if you would like more detailed and updated information, or see the Minutes of the 2015 General Assembly of ecopa, where a new Board was elected and new statutes were approved.
The Board of ecopa (elected on 22 September 2015 for two years):
Tuula Heinonen (President, academia) – Deputy: Lisbeth Knudsen
Philippe Hubert (Vice President, government and regulatory authorities) – Deputy: Manfred Liebsch
Erwin Roggen (industry) – Deputy: Costanza Rovida
Kirsty Reid (animal protection and welfare organisations) – Deputy: Marianne Norring
Philippe Vanparys is ecopa’s Treasurer.
Francois Busquet, assisted by Mardas Daneshian, is ecopa’s Secretary.
The statutes of ecopa (approved on 22 September 2015)
- Internal Regulation
- A guided tour to become full members/associate members in ecopa by Prof. Jose V. Castell
- Statutes of ecopa (final version)
English translation (PDF: 67 kb)
Flemish original (PDF: 380kb)
- Questionnaire on ecopa Membership
Past ecopa workshops
- 11th ecopa Annual Workshop 2010 26-27 November 2010, Milan, Italy
- 10th ecopa Annual Workshop 2009 28-29 November 2009, Brussels, Belgium
- 9th ecopa Annual Workshop 2008 24-25 November 2008, Brussels, Belgium
- ecopa Science Initiative 2008 17-19 October 2008, Pueblo Acantilado, Spain
- 8th ecopa Annual Workshop 2007 24-25 November 2007, Brussels, Belgium
- 7th ecopa Annual Workshop 2006 25-26 November 2006, Brussels, Belgium
- ecopa Expert workshop: “Good Practices in Human Tissue use for Alternatives” 24 November 2006, Brussels, Belgium
- ecopa Science Initiative 2006 29-30 September 2006, Alicante, Spain
- CONAM WP-Leader Meeting 16 March 2006, Basle, Switzerland
- REACH Chemical Workshop 2005 1 February 2006, Brussels, Belgium
- 6th ecopa Annual Workshop 2005 17-18 December 2005, Brussels, Belgium
- Slovenia Consensus Workshop 2005 9-12 June 2005, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 5th ecopa Annual Workshop 2004 26-28 November 2004, Brussels, Belgium
- eSI Workshop 2004 “Reaching The Young Scientist” 29-31 October 2004, Pueblo Acantilado, Spain
- ECVAM/ecopa Stakeholder Workshop 2004 5-6 June 2004, Prague, Czech Republic
- 1st ecopa Board Meeting 2004 28 April 2004, Monheim, Germany
- 4th ecopa Annual Workshop 2003 “Alternative Methods Develpment – Pipeline: Sufficient Projects in Face of EU Chemical White Paper and Cosmetics Legislation?” 28-30 November 2003, Brussels, Belgium
- 3rd ecopa Annual Workshop 2002 “Introducing and implementing 3R-alternatives into national, European and supra-national /OECD-guidelines more efficiently” 8-10 November 2002, Brussels, Belgium
- Presentations by Prof. Vera Rogiers
- 2nd ecopa Annual Workshop 2001 “The New EU Chemicals Policy” 27-28 October 2001, Brussels, Belgium
- 2nd ecopa Working Group Meeting 2001 12 March 2001, Brussels, Belgium
- 1st ecopa Annual Workshop 2000 “Impact of Platforms on reduction, replacement and refinement in the EU” 14-15 October 2000, Brussels, Belgium
- 1st ecopa Working Group Meeting 2000 14 December 2000, Brussels, Belgium
Latest News & Events
ecopa’s General Assembly in 2015
The 16th General Assembly of ecopa was held in Linz, Austria on 22 September 2015. The Assembly approved new statutes ...
New AXLR8 Report: Alternative Testing Strategies – Progress Report 2011
The EU FP7-funded co-ordination project AXLR8 has announced the availability of the publication Alternative Testing Strategies: Progress Report 2011 & ...
Final START-UP report is now available
The final report of the FP7-funded support action START-UP (Scientific and Technological Issues in 3Rs Alternatives Research in The Process ...
US FDA accepts cell-based potency test for Botox
California-based Allergan, Inc. has had its in-vitro, cell-based assay for testing the stability and potency of Botox and Botox cosmetic, ...