The EU FP7-funded co-ordination project AXLR8 has announced the availability of the publication Alternative Testing Strategies: Progress Report 2011 & AXLR8-2 Workshop Report on ‘A Roadmap to Innovative Toxicity Testing’. The 2011 report includes:
- An introduction to the AXLR8 project
- An update on the activities and achievements of 3Rs-oriented projects funded under the health and environment themes of the 6th and 7th EU Research Framework Programmes during the year 2010
- The AXLR8-2 workshop report, including contributions from workshop presenters and reports from break-out groups
- AXLR8 Scientific Panel recommendations for future research and innovation funding
- A directory of key projects and coordinators.
Given the substantial and increasing global investment in research aimed at developing new safety assessment methods and implementing the 3Rs in toxicology, there is a recognised need for better information exchange and transparency in this research area. AXLR8 provides the tools for effective real-time dialogue, information exchange, problem solving, and international cooperation.
Latest News & Events
New AXLR8 Report: Alternative Testing Strategies – Progress Report 2011
The EU FP7-funded co-ordination project AXLR8 has announced the availability of the publication Alternative Testing Strategies: Progress Report 2011 & ...
Final START-UP report now available
The final report of the FP7-funded support action START-UP (Scientific and Technological Issues in 3Rs Alternatives Research in The Process ...
US FDA accepts cell-based potency test for Botox
California-based Allergan, Inc. has had its in-vitro, cell-based assay for testing the stability and potency of Botox and Botox cosmetic, ...
ECHA releases report on use of non-animal methods & testing strategies under REACH
The European Chemicals Agency has published two major reports on the working of REACH and CLP Regulations and on the ...